The entire interior of our home at Woodland Park Retreat (WPR) is a tasteful blend of antique and modern European style decor. It is extremely light and airy. Although neither air conditioning or heating is needed in summer, there is a gas fireplace on the main floor and a gas stove on the lower floor, both of which are sufficient to heat the whole house. If needed, there is also back up electric heating. Wi-fi intenet is available during our high and mid-season. Local telephone service is provided with but no long distance is available, so please bring a phone card.
Kitchen on Main Floor
Any Gourmet would be happy cooking in this fabulous cherry wood, fully fitted, designer kitchen. Prepare anything from breakfast to a full feast to an impromptu "on the deck" snack. Leave messages on the up-to-the-minute multilingual "talking" fridge, or get yourself some crushed, cubed ice or purified water.
All appliances are ultra modern with stainless steel stove, fridge freezer, microwave, ceramic cook top, oven and whisper-quiet dishwasher. The dining room is adjacent to the kitchen or take your food outside and enjoy your meal al fresco on the deck just steps from the dining room.
With its pale sage green Corian counter tops and center island, this is a great place to come together and enjoy the company of family and friends over a delicious meal.
Great Room on Main Floor
The heart of the house, the great room is full of windows to let in the abundant Colorado sunshine and let you enjoy the beautiful Colorado scenery. No window coverings needed here as you have complete privacy on this three acre woodland lot!
Relax and enjoy a movie or just sit and chat on the comfortable red microfiber couch and
love seat with maple coffee and side tables. Lighting is
dimmer-adjustable Italian up lighters. This room is tastefully
furnished in a
mixture of modern wrought iron, solid maple tables and an antique
For entertainment there is a 42" HDTV with Satellite and HD DVD player and a CD stereo with Apple iPod dock. There is a modest DVD library available or you can rent a movie from multiple Redbox locations in close by Woodland Park (City Market, McDonald's, Safeway and Wal-Mart).
Several bookshelves around WPR feature a wide selection of books to choose from. Also provided are maps and tourist information for the local area attractions.
The dining area has a sturdy, expandable pedestal table that seats eight formally. There is an additional table and four chairs which can be used if needed. Steps away through the patio doors is a wrap around deck with two large patio tables and additional seating, which provides a splendid view of the woodland.
Everything is provided to ensure your stay is worry free, including all cutlery, crockery, glasses, cooking equipment and cleaning equipment and supplies. Our laundry room features quiet, high-efficiency, front loading washer and dryer, an ironing board and iron. Laundry soap is provided. There is even a retractable clothes line if you are feeling extra green.
All our beds feature luxurious memory-foam tops. After a busy day exploring the surrounding attractions you are sure to get a comfortable night's rest. Our bedrooms with the exception of the loft are equipped with black out shades so can enjoy a few mornings of sleeping in on your vacation.
Master Bedroom on Main Floor
The queen master bedroom with romantic canopy bed has a built in closet, two night tables with drawers, a large chest of drawers, lamps, mirror. Shower room en suite with maple cabinets, above counter sink, designer fixtures and Corian counters.
Second Bedroom on Main Floor
The second bedroom has a double bed with European jacquard duvet, built in closet, night tables, chest, lamps, chair and mirror. En suite bathroom with bath, maple cabinets, designer fixtures and Corian counters.
Third Bedroom on Lower Floor
A double bedroom with palm tree motif bed, night tables, chair, mirror, lamp and large built in closet with lots of shelving. Bathroom with bath and shower, maple cabinets, designer fixtures and Corian counters.
The 22-foot long loft bedroom has one double four poster bed and two "wagon wheel" handmade twin beds, with four night tables, antique rocking chair, standard lamp, three night lamps, chest of drawers, a built in closet, and desk and chair.
Recreation Room on Lower Floor
The recreation room is a cozy place to hang out and have fun with table and 4 chairs, children's table and chairs, board games, jigsaw puzzles and books. There is an additional TV with Satellite a VCR/DVD player and per-recorded movie library.
The tiled entrance hall has a large coat closet and built in seat, decorative designer cherry wood table, mirror and Persian rug.
Massage Bed on Lower Floor
For an even more relaxing vacation, we have installed a top of the line Migun HY-7000UM Thermal Massage Bed. Please have a look at what our supplier has written about it taken from the website (with permission). We do not guarantee or warranty any therapeutic or beneficial affect whatsoever but hope that you will enjoy it as much as we do.
This is the same type of massage bed that you would find at a health spa, chiropractors, physio therapy clinic etc. Click here for testimonials. If, after trying the Migun Massage Bed, you wish to purchase one we have given you our supplier's website address.
IF YOU WISH TO FIND OUT MORE ABOUT THE MIGUN BED, PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR IN DEPTH EXPLANATION OR GO TO OUR SUPPLIER'S WEBSITE: http://www.pathtobeautifulhealth.com/.
The wrap-around upper deck of the house has two patio tables with ample seating as well as a picnic table for the kids. The grill master will enjoy barbequing on the large Weber gas grill. The lower deck features a five-person hot tub and hammock.
There is a cute little roofed Play House in the woods about 200 feet from the main house. Not strictly a "tree house" but a real treat for those kids that want to "get away"! Complete with it's own deck and furniture for "entertaining"! Will sleep two to four kids but bring your own sleeping bags.
Warning: This Play House can NOT be seen from the main house and parents allow their children to sleep and play there at their own risk. The deck is high off the ground.
There is uncovered parking available around the property for several vehicles.
- Property Type Single-family house on three acres of woodland.
Location and View
Woodland Park, South Central, Colorado, USA
(40 min. to Colorado Springs, 90 min. to Denver/Breckenridge)
Mountain and Woodland View
- Altitude 8,600 feet (2,621 meters)
- Arrival/Departure Day Saturday is change-over during high season (June-August) with some exceptions. Please ask.
- Smoking NO
- Pets NO (and no exceptions please)
- Master Bedroom Queen bed with adjoining bathroom
- Bedroom 2 Double bed with bath
- Bedroom 3 Double bed with bath
- Bedroom 4 Loft Double and two twin beds
- Infant/Toddler Portable crib with bedding and a booster seat available.
- Linens Supplied
- Phone Yes (local, Incoming calls; please bring your own calling card for long distance)
- Laundry Yes - washer and drier with linen cupboard; laundry soap and outdoor clothes line provided.
- TV Yes - satellite
- VCR Yes
- DVD Yes
- Movie/Book supply Yes
- CD Player Yes
- Kitchen Yes - Full modern gourmet "designer" style.
- Supplies Yes - a basic supply of toilet tissue, kitchen roll, hand soap, dish soap and dishwasher detergent, laundry soap, garbage bags, condiments, herbs, olive oil will be hand. You may need to supplement these when you go shopping depending upon numbers of Guests.
- Microwave Yes, including Convection Oven
- Oven & Cook Top Yes
- Dishwasher Yes (Silent!)
- Fridge/Freezer Yes - Large side by side stainless steel.
- Ice Maker Yes - Crushed and cubed and Purified Water dispenser
- BBQ Yes - Weber gas grill (propane provided)
- Smoke detectors Yes
- Fire Extinguishers Yes
- Air conditioning No - Not required; ceiling fans on two floors
- Heating Yes - Gas Fireplace (main), Gas Stove (lower) and electric baseboard backup
- Water Yes to conserving water (community well) and please note for children under 9 years of age - the community well water has a fluoride concentration of 3.9 mg/l. Above 2.0 mg/l discoloration of their permanent teeth (dental fluorosis may develop) which is staining and/or pitting.
- Outdoor Furniture Yes - two patio tables and 12 chairs plus 4 small children's seating.
- Good For Children? Yes - but children must be supervised on Upper Deck (at your own risk).
- Good For Seniors Yes, but must be able to negotiate stairs - house in 3 levels (at your own risk).
- Wheelchair Accessible No
- Closest Shop/Village Woodland Park City - 10 Min Drive approx.
- Closest Lake Manatou Lake, which is 2 miles from WPR with picnic tables - fee area
- Distance To Stores 10 miles, mostly paved road ; Colorado Springs approximately 40 miles from WPR.
- Kids Stuff Playhouse in the woods. Playset with swings and slide.
- Restaurants Woodland Park - 10 Minutes by car (see Things To Do)
- Golf Approximately five minutes away by car (see Things To Do).
- Skiing 90 minutes away at Breckenridge (see Things to Do).
- Sightseeing Many tourist activities (see Things to Do).
- Deposit 50% payable in advance, refundable up until 90 days prior to start date of vacation.
- Balance of payment Due 90 days prior to start date of vacation
- Damage Deposit Yes - Payable $500 per week 90 days before start of vacation. Refunded within a week after vacation if property undamaged.
- Payment Options Wire Transfer, Money Order or Cashier's check or personal check (must clear) to account in U.S. Dollars. Visa & MasterCard credit cards with 2.9% + $0.30 transaction fee credit card charged to guest.
- Tax Yes - 3.9% Teller County Lodging Tax charged.
- Short-Term Rental Agreement Yes - to be signed upon booking for your and our protection.
Cross Country Skiing
Deck / Patio
- Pool & Spa 5-person private hot tub
Telephone - local calls only (please bring a phone card for long distance calls)
Internet/WiFi during high and mid-season (April-September)
Satellite / Cable